My printing device isn’t showing up in the discovered device list. What can I do?
- Check if your printing device is supported.
- Check your local area network connections and confirm that your mobile device is wirelessly connected to the network.
- Retry discovery.
- Try another discovery method.
- Type in the IP address directly.
How do I find the IP address of my TA/UTAX printing device or MFP?
- Go to the system menu of the printing device and print out a status page.
When I print documents from iWork or Microsoft Office, they appear blurry. Why?
- The app can only print iWork and Microsoft Office documents in low resolution.
When I print documents from iWork or Microsoft Office that are formatted in landscape orientation, they appear on the paper in portrait orientation. Why?
- The app can only print iWork and Microsoft Office documents in portrait orientation.
I’m having trouble previewing Microsoft Office files. Why?
- TA/UTAX Mobile Print uses iOS services to render previews of Office documents. For better results, use files produced in Office 2007 or later.
Why can’t I preview the PDF that I just scanned?
- On Android devices, PDF preview of scans is not supported by the app. To preview scanned PDFs, save the scan to your specified download folder or the default /sdcard/Download folder. Then, outside the app, open another PDF reader app, such as Adobe Reader, to view the scanned PDF.
I resized a document by pinching it in the viewport, and then I printed it. Why does the printed document have a large black stripe running down the right margin?
- The app does not support pinch gestures on .HTML files, .RTF files, all iWork and Microsoft Office files, or anything accessed through the built-in web browser. To print these file types at their normal size, refrain from using pinch gestures in the viewport prior to printing.
While using the app on my iOS device I received a message about “low memory.” What does this mean?
- Your iOS device will send a warning message when memory allocation becomes low. When memory allocation becomes low, the system will attempt to free up memory that is being used by open apps. If not enough memory is freed up, it’s possible that apps will crash. Closing open apps on your mobile device may alleviate the problem.
I sent a print job, but my printing device is not responding. Why?
- Check that your devices are connected to your local area network, and that the printing device is turned on and not in sleep mode.
Printing/scanning performance is slow, what should I do?
- Selecting a lower resolution option may help. It is also possible that your network connection is slow, which can affect printing performance. Also, consider adding more RAM to your printing device. The recommended amount is 512MB at minimum.
I'm a system administrator. How can I set printing and scanning restrictions?
- The system administrator can restrict printing and scanning through Command Center by turning on local authentication or network authentication. With local authentication turned on in the MFP device, user restrictions are set to print for iOS devices and print and scan for Android devices. With network authentication turned on in the MFP device, user restrictions are set to scan for Android devices. Additionally, print restrictions for both iOS and Android devices are handled by the user login fields in the app. Scan restrictions for Android devices are also handled by user login and authentication mode in the app.
Why do I encounter errors when I try to print an encrypted PDF file?
- It’s possible that the MFP device does not support the PDF version of the document; only PDF versions 1.4 through 1.7 are supported. Or, the MFP device might not support the PDF encryption method used on the encrypted file.
Why is text displayed on or printed from my mobile device’s clipboard illegible?
- It’s possible that the text encoding of the clipboard content differs from the text encoding that is set on the mobile device. Or, the clipboard content might be set to a font that is not supported by the mobile device. Changing the setting for Advanced > Text encoding (Clipboard) in the app might alleviate the problem.